Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Today is the morning before the 1st of the New Year. I have so many things to say about the past year.
2009 brought very different changes: THE BAD
1.) I have lost my job.
2.) This has provided problems for me paying the bills that I have accumulated.
3.) I am feeling very sad about my situation.
4.) I have not sewn much this year as I had promised and regret that I let too many things get
in my way.
5.) My health got in the way because I was suffering (in silence) with iron deficiency anemia and
a low vitamin D count.
1.) I had a healthy family(children, husband, family and extended family).
2.) I have my OK health .
3.) My faith is strong.
2010 will bring about many changes:
1) My birthday is next week and I will officially be at the mid-life point.
2) I am thinking about starting my own career(business). I am at a point in my life that I just '
am tired of interviewing with people and graveling to get a job that I hate(just to pay
3.) My family(husband and children, extended family to include in-laws) will stay healthy and strong.
4.) My spirituality will continue to grow.
5.) My joy in life will increase.
6.) I will sew a new wardrobe for myself.
I look forward to interacting to some sewing buddies on a more personal level. I want to attend at least one PR event.
I look forward to hearing from the sewing world.
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
I feel that I am going in the right direction, but I think that I am so scared of failing to be good at sewing that I am now wondering if I should stick with quilting only? I love fashion sewing, but with three children, I find that it is not relaxing to me because I want to hurry and get finished. I would like to know if anyone one else feels this way?
I need to relax and not worry about one more thing. I love to look at fashion sewing, but I do not want to take my time. I want everything done now. Quilting was much more relaxing because I could see subtle progress each time I worked on a project. Fashion sewing requires more fitting than I am accustomed to at this time. I would like to have as much feedback on this topic as possible. I feel like a new beginning home sewer I know that it will take time for me to get back on track, but if it is not relaxing now, do you think I should give it a rest or when do you think someone should throw in the towel?
Monday, July 6, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
I have been away for a while, but have lurked on other people's sights. I hope that you all had a great holiday. My family came into town and we have had a great time. We ate some great food and talked about some old times. I have just been off of work for 1 week now and I have not really started any new projects, but I feel that mojo starting any moment with pictures to follow. Thanks to all of you that have sent me nice comments to get the mojo started. I think that my job was depressing me and that is the reason for the lack of work(ha, ha). I hope to update my blog this week with a project. Please pray for me:)
Monday, March 2, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Saturday, January 31, 2009
What are you? Do you feel that this test is a true representation of you? Take the test and see.
You Are a Marilyn!
You are a Marilyn -- "I am affectionate and skeptical."
Marilyns are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Be direct and clear
- * Listen to me carefully
- * Don't judge me for my anxiety
- * Work things through with me
- * Reassure me that everything is OK between us
- * Laugh and make jokes with me
- * Gently push me toward new experiences
- * Try not to overreact to my overreacting.
- * being committed and faithful to family and friends
- * being responsible and hardworking
- * being compassionate toward others
- * having intellect and wit
- * being a nonconformist
- * confronting danger bravely
- * being direct and assertive
- * the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
- * procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
- * fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
- * exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
- * wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
- * being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations
- * are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
- * are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
- * form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
- * look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
- * are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent
- * are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
- * are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
- * worry more than most that their children will get hurt
- * sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
I really have to get some sewing buddies. My friends do other types of needlework, but they do not get the enjoyment I receive when I sit in a store for hours, touching the fabric, looking at patterns and dreaming. This is an experience that only a sewer would know.lol
Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get started on an item to post. I know that a girlfriend wants to hang out tomorrow, so this will probably stall my efforts. Let me know how your New Years Day was spent.